Touched By An Angel - In The Words Of Angels

Just keep your heart and your eyes open and God will show you exactly what to do.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

New to Me!

Hi everyone, this blogging thing is new to me so please bear with me. I have yet to decide if I'll use this for both my cardmaking/scrapbooking and cross stitching or if I'll set up two blogs. Perhaps it's better to start with one until I get the hang of things.

I've been cross stitching for a very long time, since grade 4, and enjoy it very much. Depending on the project it takes quite a while to complete but once done it is very gratifying. Most of the time I give away my stitched images as gifts to friends and family, the others I keep and put up in the house. Needless to say I actually don't have a lot in the house.

As for cardmaking, I have been doing it for about 2 years now, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase. I also enjoy this, it's a lot quicker with the same gratifying results. I seem to do a lot of challenges, that way I learn to use different techniques and methods. I do, however, seem to be collecting a number of cards, I make more than I need to give away. My 10 year old daughter has joined me and has a blog herself, Cards by Nesha. She recently entered Karens Doodles challenge for kids, it runs bi-weekly.

I also entered Karens Doodles challenge, but at her U.S site, here, I really love her images. Here is the card I made for her very first challenge, last week.



This was a sketch challenge, this week the challenge is to make a Easter or spring card. Go check it out, I promise you'll fall in love with her images too!

No comments:

Post a Comment